Local initiatives in and around the project areas
Other blue/green infrastructure initiatives
Initiatives in Flanders
- project Vlaamse Rand (Open space in the Flemish Belt around Brussels, Flemish Land Agency and partners)
- project De Wijers (Flemish Land Agency and partners)
- Life+ project 3water in De Wijers
- De Wijers as a testcase for policy recommendations for the new spatial development plan for Flanders 'Beleidsplan Ruimte Vlaanderen' (Flemish Spatial Planning Department)
- Bedrijven & Biodiversiteit: Linked-in group of the Environment, Nature and Energy Department Flanders.
- GIFT-T (Green Infrastructure for Tomorrow-Together): European project (2011-2015) in Belgium (in the Flemish Belt around Brussels), the Netherlands and UK. Direct link to the Flemish project website with initiatives for greening business sites.
- PURPLE (Peri-Urban Regions Platform Europe)
- TURAS (Transitioning Towards Urban Resilience and Sustainability): European initiative that brings urban communities and businesses together with local authorities and researchers to collaborate on developing practical new solutions for more sustainable and resilient European cities
- Alter-Net : Europe's ecosystem research network
- Ruimtelijke adaptatie Nederland
- Life+ projecten about Urban Resilience:
European documentation on blue/green inffrastructure can be found in the knowledge base.